New Facilities for you at the Sylvan Adams YM-YWHA
After extensive discussions with lay leaders, professionals and members, we are moving forward with upgrades and renovations that include:
- Locker Rooms
- Reception Desk
- Modern Café/Bistro
- Functional Training Area
During renovations, keep in mind:
- All parking is available
- You will have complete access to all of the facility
- We will keep you up to date with our progress
- We will work together to help keep you motivated towards your fitness and programming goals
Executive Health Club Locker Rooms – Phase 1b
The new Executive Health Club locker rooms have been designed with comfort, elegance, and ease of use in mind. Your experience starts with a fresh look, new lighting, and new floors, counter tops and walls. Rich wood accents will balance perfectly with a calming colour palette and motivational expressions. New showers, sauna, steam room, and a dedicated refreshing cold shower will help you unwind. New lockers will be complemented by easy access to towels and other amenities, all under the watchful eyes of a dedicated Executive Health Club locker room attendant.
Here are some photos of the locker rooms post-demolition. Can you guess where each of the pictures was taken?
General Club Locker Rooms – Phase 1a COMPLETED
The new General Club locker rooms have seen our new branding come together with bold strokes of colour and motivational expressions. New lighting, counter tops, showers and the fresh look of the lockers complement the new floors and walls.
Not at all. Members will still have full access to the fitness and recreation facilities during the renovations.
We will continue to keep in touch via:
- This web page
- Banners, posters, email blasts, digital screens and social media
- Our President’s Message and our staff ambassadors
Yes – we will be assigning you rental lockers in the Health Club. We also encourage you to use the small security lockers located near the FRS Reception Desk.
The renovations will take place between mid-February and mid-July. In order to maintain access to locker room facilities, we will be renovating the locker room areas in 2 stages. Stage 1 will be the men and women’s General Club locker rooms, which be closed in mid-February. During this time, current General Club members will be invited to use the Executive Health Club locker room. Towels will be provided at the Fitness and Recreation Services (FRS) Reception Desk for Executive Health Club members and to those General Club members who subscribe to towel service.
We are always listening to ideas for improving programs and services. If you would like to share any concerns or feedback regarding the renovation, please speak with any of our staff members or send an email to email@example.com. You are also welcome to share your feedback by completing a comment card, located at the FRS Reception and Membership Welcome Desks.
- The garage is fully accessible during this last phase of construction on the entrance, however at certain times, only one lane will be operational at a time. Flagmen are on hand to direct traffic in order to maintain the flow in and out of the garage. They will also be rerouting traffic on Westbury during peak times in order to maximize safety and minimize congestion. Entering traffic will approach going SOUTH on Westbury from Cote-Sainte-Catherine Road. Exiting traffic will turn right on Westbury towards Edouard-Montpetit. Please respect this traffic flow and remember to keep a safe distance between your car and the flagmen. Thank you for your patience.
- Demolition of the Health Clubs is complete and the structural work has begun.
- We have encountered some unexpected issues and our professional crew is working diligently to deal with them as the project advances.
- We have recently increased the flow from the shower heads in the General Club locker rooms.
- Water mains – Mountain Sights
The city is rehabilitating the water mains on Mountain Sights which is affecting parking. Please give yourself some extra time to get to your classes.
- The Men’s permanent lockers are located in the upstairs lounge, with access through the door next to the vending machines (before you go down the stairs).
- The Women’s permanent lockers are located in the hallway facing their locker room.
- A temporary lounge has been created in the lower atrium for use by all members.
New Reception Desk and Lobby
The Y has stood the test of time as the primary destination for Jewish engagement. From our Y Country Camp, to day camps, our Wolves Basketball and Olympic Wrestling programs, to after school Jewish programming and open meeting areas, we are the Community gathering place for a diverse population of families and individuals of all ages.
We will be making physical improvements to cater to our visitors/members/users, in order to allow them unencumbered access to the various spaces within our organization. A new reception area will immediately welcome everyone to our facility and will make navigating the Ben Weider JCC branch of the Sylvan Adams YM-YWHA even easier.
Modern finishes with natural light, inviting seating and an outdoor terrasse will attract members and guests to our kosher café/bistro. The Community will have a centralized casual healthy food bistro, where all members can gather in a warm, welcoming atmosphere. The Segal Centre will also gain a relaxed setting where patrons can come before their shows and enjoy a healthy meal.
Functional Training Centre
With the addition of a functional training area downstairs, the Sylvan Adams YM-YWHA will continue to attract members that include amateur and professional athletes alike. Improved space will mean easily accessible studio space as well as a new running track and open air exercise space, allowing for the latest equipment and training methods.
This renewed area will be specifically designed so that members can use the multipurpose areas to help improve their training. The open functional training area that connects to the cardio and weight training areas allows community to be built both within open spaces and shared spaces while you move seamlessly through the training centre.
The equipment you know and love as well as our Indoor Cycle studio and dedicated group fitness studio along with our Queenax equipment, will help you reach your fitness goals and have fun doing it.
Want to stay up to date?
We are committed to communicating with you so that you are as excited about the new updates to the Sylvan Adams YM-YWHA as we are.
To sign up for our weekly emailblast that includes renovation updates, simply click on the orange box below and fill in the form. Please note that you will receive a message asking you to opt-in, and you may opt-out any time. Have any questions or concerns? Talk to Laura Muzzo, Director of Fitness and Membership services, ext. 211 or Atie Waxman, Director or Communications-Marketing, ext. 574. They can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to hear what really matters to you!