New Facilities for you at the Sylvan Adams YM-YWHA
After extensive discussions with lay leaders, professionals and members, we are moving forward with upgrades and renovations that include:
- Locker Rooms
- Reception Desk
- Modern Café/Bistro
- Functional Training Area
During renovations, keep in mind:
- All parking is available
- You will have complete access to all of the facility
- We will keep you up to date with our progress
- We will work together to help keep you motivated towards your fitness and programming goals
General Club Locker Rooms – Phase 1a
The new General Club locker rooms will see our new branding come together with bold strokes of colour and motivational expressions. New lighting, counter tops, showers and the fresh look of the lockers will complement the new floors and walls.
Executive Health Club Locker Rooms – Phase 1b
The new Executive Health Club locker rooms have been designed with comfort, elegance, and ease of use in mind. Your experience starts with a fresh look, new lighting, and new floors, counter tops and walls. Rich wood accents will balance perfectly with a calming colour palette and motivational expressions. New showers, sauna, steam room, and a dedicated refreshing cold shower will help you unwind. New lockers will be complemented by easy access to towels and other amenities, all under the watchful eyes of a dedicated Executive Health Club locker room attendant.
Not at all. Members will still have full access to the fitness and recreation facilities during the renovations.
We will continue to keep in touch via:
- This web page
- Banners, posters, email blasts, digital screens and social media
- Our President’s Message and our staff ambassadors
Yes – we will be assigning you rental lockers in the Health Club. We also encourage you to use the small security lockers located near the FRS Reception Desk.
The renovations will take place between mid-February and mid-July. In order to maintain access to locker room facilities, we will be renovating the locker room areas in 2 stages. Stage 1 will be the men and women’s General Club locker rooms, which be closed in mid-February. During this time, current General Club members will be invited to use the Executive Health Club locker room. Towels will be provided at the Fitness and Recreation Services (FRS) Reception Desk for Executive Health Club members and to those General Club members who subscribe to towel service.
We are always listening to ideas for improving programs and services. If you would like to share any concerns or feedback regarding the renovation, please speak with any of our staff members or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to share your feedback by completing a comment card, located at the FRS Reception and Membership Welcome Desks.
- Towels and robes are distributed from the FRS reception desk to all Executive Health Club members and to those who subscribe to our towel service. We encourage families and those using the pool to make use of the family changing rooms at the pool.
- For our Executive Health Club members, we are offering a free, exclusive toiletry bag as a token of our appreciation for your patronage. In it you will find refillable bottles with amenities available only to our Executive Health Club Members. When you need refills, simply supply your empty logoed bottles and we will top them up for you. We suggest that you keep your bag in your locker. Please come by the Membership desk (upstairs) to pick up your gift. Pick up will be available from Sunday to Friday at the Welcome desk during regular operating hours. NB. We are able to accommodate those who are unable to come by during these times. We ask that you leave your name with a Welcome Desk attendant and we can make alternative arrangements.
- Additional day lockers have been added to Executive Health Clubs and to Gym A to accommodate the increased number of members at peak times.
- Free Optional Valet parking is available during the week between 9:00 and 11:00 am. After 11:00 am car keys will be left at the Membership / Registration counter. This service is for members who have a valid parking pass. If you wish to use the optional free valet service, simply follow the signs on the first floor of the indoor garage and leave your car with the attendant. Regular parking rules apply.
New Reception Desk and Lobby
The Y has stood the test of time as the primary destination for Jewish engagement. From our Y Country Camp, to day camps, our Wolves Basketball and Olympic Wrestling programs, to after school Jewish programming and open meeting areas, we are the Community gathering place for a diverse population of families and individuals of all ages.
We will be making physical improvements to cater to our visitors/members/users, in order to allow them unencumbered access to the various spaces within our organization. A new reception area will immediately welcome everyone to our facility and will make navigating the Ben Weider JCC branch of the Sylvan Adams YM-YWHA even easier.
Modern finishes with natural light, inviting seating and an outdoor terrasse will attract members and guests to our kosher café/bistro. The Community will have a centralized casual healthy food bistro, where all members can gather in a warm, welcoming atmosphere. The Segal Centre will also gain a relaxed setting where patrons can come before their shows and enjoy a healthy meal.
Functional Training Centre
With the addition of a functional training area downstairs, the Sylvan Adams YM-YWHA will continue to attract members that include amateur and professional athletes alike. Improved space will mean easily accessible studio space as well as a new running track and open air exercise space, allowing for the latest equipment and training methods.
This renewed area will be specifically designed so that members can use the multipurpose areas to help improve their training. The open functional training area that connects to the cardio and weight training areas allows community to be built both within open spaces and shared spaces while you move seamlessly through the training centre.
The equipment you know and love as well as our Indoor Cycle studio and dedicated group fitness studio along with our Queenax equipment, will help you reach your fitness goals and have fun doing it.
Want to stay up to date?
We are committed to communicating with you so that you are as excited about the new updates to the Sylvan Adams YM-YWHA as we are.
To sign up for our weekly emailblast that includes renovation updates, simply click on the orange box below and fill in the form. Please note that you will receive a message asking you to opt-in, and you may opt-out any time. Have any questions or concerns? Talk to Laura Muzzo, Director of Fitness and Membership services, ext. 211 or Atie Waxman, Director or Communications-Marketing, ext. 574. They can also be reached by email at email@example.com.
We would love to hear what really matters to you!