Security Measures and Procedures
As per Quebec public health regulations please note that as of September 1st, the Sylvan Adams YM-YWHA is required by law to comply with the planned vaccination passport roll out. As such, all people accessing our fitness, program and meeting facilities as of September 1st, will be required to show proof of their vaccination passport upon entering the building.
The Sylvan Adams YM-YWHA will determine proof of vaccination of members and visitors entering the building by scanning each individual’s Vaccination Passport (VaxiCode App).
Once inside the building we ask you kindly to head straight to the Welcome Desk where a one of our Customer Representatives will scan your Vaccination Passport.
If the Welcome Desk is closed please proceed downstairs to the Fitness Desk where one of our staff members will scan your Vaccination Passport.
On September 1st, all members’ fobs will be de-activated until record of vaccination has been added to our system. The garage will remain accessible.
If you have an Apple phone, you can download the VaxiCode App here: https://apps.apple.com/fr/app/vaxicode/id1571692711
If you have an Android phone, you can dowload the VaxiCode App here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.quebec.vaccandroid
• Only visitors who use adapted transportation will have access to our handicap entrance. All other visitors must enter either via the garage or the 5400 Westbury avenue entrance.
• The temperature of all visitors and staff will be taken upon arrival.
• All visitors and staff are required to disinfect their hands upon arrival.
• Please wash and/or disinfect your hands frequently at our hand sanitizing stations.
• Masks must be correctly worn (covering the chin, mouth and nose) when circulating throughout the facility. In the functional fitness space, the mezzanine, the cycle studio, the weight room and cardio room, masks must be worn when you cannot keep a 2 meter (6 foot) distance from others or when there is no plexi glass separation. Masks can only be removed when you are exercising on a machine or when you are exercising in your personal space at a 2 meters (6 feet) distance from others.
• It is mandatory to maintain a physical distance of six feet at all times.
• Members are asked to bring their own water bottles. Water fountains will be available for refilling ONLY. It is strictly forbidden to drink from the water fountains.
• Contactless payments are preferred, but cash is accepted.
*The Sylvan Adams YM-YWHA is not held responsible for lost or stolen goods.