A free fitness program for ages 55+, classes include balance training, muscular endurance training, yoga, Tai Chi and more.
This new program is designed to bring technology and “connectivity” to any ageing and senior adults living in the community who cannot attend exercise classes due to:
- Health risks associated with Covid-19 / existing health conditions
- Lack of mobility
- No access to transportation
- Limited / fixed income
The program will provide technological assistance so that these individuals can embark and continue their fitness regimen safely at home with online classes.
Once your application has been received and approved, a home fitness equipment package will be supplied to you for the duration of the program to use in online training.
The online fitness classes include:
- Strength training basics
- Mobility and posture
- Balance and fall prevention
- Chair Yoga
- Therapeutic Pilates
Please click below to fill out the application form.
The online lectures include:
- Laughter therapy
- Nutrition for optimal ageing
- Lifestyle and activity strategies for living with chronic pain, arthritis
- How to reduce the risks of cognitive decline
Classes and lectures will be available both “live” through a planned and publicized regular schedule, and also available “on demand”.